What is a Live Photo?
Live Photo was introduced in 2015, a feature included in the iOS 9 update for the Apple iPhone and iPad. Live photographs are photos that capture the three seconds of a movie that you are taking at the time and even stick together multiple live photos and create a single mini-video.
The three-second video comprises footage that is exhibited as a live snapshot on the iPhone with the word “Live” inscribed in the upper left corner, as well as footage that is captured one and a half seconds before and one and a half seconds after the shutter clicks. A brief video clip will play if the Live Photo function is activated. Continue reading to know how to make photo a video with this step-by-step guide.
How to Save a Live Photo as a Video in iOS 13 or Later?
You can export a single Live Photo as a video file on iOS 13, iPad, and later. You can also combine many Live Photos into a single video.
Steps to save a Live Photo as a video:
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, Open the Photos app.
- From the bottom, choose the Albums tab.
- Select Live Photos from the Media Types menu by scrolling down.
- Select the Live Photo that you want to turn into a video.
- Select the Share option.
- Select Save as Video by scrolling down.
In the Recent album in Photos, locate your recently produced video. The timestamp of the video’s creation date is saved. The Live Photo is kept in the Photos app until erased.
Each Live Photo generates a two-second movie, but because I’ve observed both longer and shorter Live Photo recordings, your mileage may vary. This won’t function if your Live Photo contains a motion effect like Loop, Bounce, or Long Exposure, or if only the still image of the Live Photo is active.
If it’s the former, tap Edit after opening the Live Photo. It turns yellow when you tap the “LIVE” label at the top and the “Live Photo” symbol at the bottom. To save changes, tap Done at the end.
If a Live Photo you have has a motion effect like Bounce, tap it and select Live.
You May Also Like: AI Video Frame Interpolation
Export Multiple Live Photos as a Video
A good and simple approach to rapidly making a showreel of sorts or a dynamic video based on the most recent trip you did is to save many Live Photos as a single video.
How to turn live photos into a video:
- Open the Photos app, then select Albums.
- Scroll down and select Live Photos from the list of Media Types.
- Tap Select, then select every Live Photo you want to combine into one film.
Note: According to Apple’s guidelines, you must choose consecutive Live Photos. According to my observations, the chosen Live Photos don’t have to be related or taken in succession.
- Press the Share icon.
- Select Save as Video by swiping down.
Your iPhone and iPad will create a single video from all of the Live Photos you’ve chosen and store it in the ‘Recents’ album. Since Live Photo conversion is irreversible, any Live Photos you’ve stored as videos will remain there until you actively remove them from the Photos app.
Keep in mind that because those movies are preserved with the timestamp of the production date rather than the final Live Photo, they cannot exist alongside the associated Live Photo events.
As previously stated, if the Save as Video action is missing from the Share sheet, it’s because one of the selected Live Photos has a motion effect like Bounce, Loop, or Long Exposure applied to it.
How to Turn Live Photo into Video for Users Running iOS 13 Earlier Version?
Users of iOS 13 earlier versions can also save Live Photo to video on their iPhone. Do you wonder, how to make a photo video? What you must take are as follows:
- Open the Photos app, then select the Live Photos album.
- Select your file for the iPhone Live Photo conversion to video.
- Choose one of the effects shown under your Live Photo: “Loop” or “Bounce.” To activate the effects, swipe up.
- Save your document. It is a video that can be found in the Animated folder.
How to Save a Live Photo as a Loop or Bounce video in iOS 11 later
The Loop and Bounce tool that Apple added to the Photos app in iOS 11 is still useful for producing special effects videos and animations. Your Live Photo is converted into a brief loop that plays without pause when you select Loop. Your photo’s subject will travel backwards and forwards due to bounce.
- Open the Photos app and choose a Live Photo.
- To choose either Loop or Bounce, with iOS 15, simply tap on the desired image, then tap the Live button directly above it.
A Live Photo can also be turned into a video or GIF using the Shortcuts app, which is a part of iOS since iOS 13.
The best way to add ready-made shortcuts from a third party is to test them out to make sure they function. If you receive an alert, follow the instructions displayed on the screen. The majority of the third-party shortcuts we tested began working right away.
- Open the Shortcuts app
- Visit the Shortcuts gallery website to access and download the ready-made shortcut for Convert Live Photos to Video.
- Tap Get Shortcut on the resulting page.
- Once the shortcut has been downloaded to your library, tap it to access it and then navigate to the desired Live Photo.
- Choose the number of times you will allow the shortcut to use this photo.
- Your Shortcut Gallery now contains the Convert Live Photos to Video shortcut, which you may access whenever you need it.
After creating a Live Photos video file, you can send it via email, text message, or social media.
How to Make a Live Photo a Video Using a third-party tool
Using a third-party app like Lively is another method to turn your Live Photos into videos. On your iPhone, Lively makes it simple to produce GIFs and movies that can be distributed widely. The very best? Lively can be used without cost at all.
How to use Lively to convert a Live Photo into a video
It’s good that Lively only serves to transform your Live Photos into GIFs and movies. Your video can be made nearly immediately. Here are our detailed instructions for utilizing Lively to convert a Live Photo into a video.
- Install the Lively app and grant it access to your photos. The Lively app will only display your Live Photos.
- Select the image you want to turn into a video.
- Select Movie or GIF.
- If you select the GIF option, you may further modify it by tapping the settings icon. Here, you can select theauto-reverse and movie duration options.
- Click Export to upload or save your movie to your Camera Roll.
You can pay $2.99 to have the little Lively watermark on the finished video removed.
How to Convert Live Photo to GIF and Vice Versa
Live Photos are essentially 1.5-second GIFs or videos when they are saved as a video file. Unfortunately, the iPhone Photos app does not offer a mechanism to convert.mp4 files to.gif files. You must use a third-party application, such as Giphy, to accomplish this.
A free third-party tool like Lively is another choice for converting your Live Photos into GIFs.
Steps To utilize it to convert your Live Photo into a GIF:
- Open the Lively
- Use the Live Photo by navigating it.
- At the bottom of the screen, select Export GIF.
- Choose Save.
Your fresh GIF will then be stored on your Camera Roll. Although Lively is free to download and use, a price must be paid to get the watermark removed.
How to convert GIFs to Live Photos with GIPHY
You’ll need third-party software like GIPHY, which is available for free download on the App Store if you want to do the opposite and convert a GIF into a Live Photo.
Using GIPHY, follow these steps to turn a GIF into a Live Photo:
- Open GIPHY.
- To find a GIFS you wish to use, browse the trending GIFS or use the search box in the bottom-centre of the screen.
- Choose the GIF of your choice.
- Select the right side of the screen’s three vertical dots.
- Choose Convert to Live Photo.
- Select the fit-to-screen or full-screen option.
Your Live Photo will then be stored on your Camera Roll. We hope this guide on converting Live Photos to films and GIFs has answered all of your questions, whether you’re attempting to post your Live Photo on Instagram or you want to use your favorite GIF as a live background for your iPhone.
FAQ About Live Photos
1. How can I capture live photos with my iPhone?
On an iPhone, open the camera app and turn on “Live Photos.” Select the photo mode now, and keep your phone steady. After that, release the shutter to capture the Live Photo.
2. Where can I find the Live Photos that were taken?
Although many applications let you turn your live images into movies, apple has included the gallery or photos application so you may post it right away on any social networking platform due to consumer interest. If your iOS version is lower than 13, you can alternatively utilize a third-party app to achieve the same outcome. Another application called GIFs from Twitter allows you to turn your live photographs into videos.
Feel free to leave a comment below if you have any comments about How to Convert Live Photos to Video on iPhone. Cheers!
- How to Comment GIF on Instagram (Android & iPhone)
- How to Combine Videos into One on iPhone
- 11 Free Meme Generators Online to Make Funny Memes
- How to Crop a Video on iPhone (Best 8 Video Croppers)
- 6 Best AI Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- How to Make a Video to Slow Motion – The Essential Guide
- Best 7 AI Meme Generators to Turn Text into Memes
- How to Add Music to iMovie – An Ultimate Guide
- 9 Best AI Music Generators to Make Music from Text
- 8 Best Green Screen Apps for Android/iPhone/Windows/Mac