TikTok has become a global phenomenon, with millions of users sharing their creative videos daily. To stand out in this magnitude of content, it’s essential to ensure your videos are perfectly formatted for TikTok’s vertical format.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process of formatting your videos for TikTok using CapCut app. Whether you’re a seasoned TikTok creator or just starting, these steps will help you polish your content for maximum impact.
How to Format Your Videos for TikTok using CapCut App
- Launch the CapCut app. Tap on the “New Project” button to start a new video editing project.
- Choose the video you want to format from your device’s gallery and tap on the “Add” button to add it to your project.
- Adjust Video Format: To change the video format, tap on the “Ratio” or “Format” button
- Choose the “9:16” option, which is size for TikTok format videos.
- Zoom In: Click on your video clip and use two fingers to zoom in or out as needed to ensure everything fits within the frame. This step helps you optimize the video for TikTok’s vertical format.
- Adjust TikTok Video Resolution: Once you’re satisfied with the format, framing, and any added effects, such as resolution frame rate and code rate to ensure your video is of high quality for TikTok, go back to the main editing screen.
- Export Your Video: In the top-right corner, you’ll find an arrow or export button. Tap on it to export your formatted video. It will be processed and saved in a format ready for sharing on TikTok.
- After the export is complete, you can share your formatted video directly on TikTok or any other platform you prefer.
Tip: Zooming in the video from horizontal to vertical will crop the CapCut video screen. If you want to keep the original video screen when creating a TikTok video, consider changing the landscape of your original 16:9 video to focus on the central subject. Integrate a landscape (16:9) video within your 9:16 and add overlay or blur background effect to decorate the black part above and under the central subject.
Method 2. How to Change Video from Horizontal to Vertical TikTok using CapCut App
- Launch CapCut: Open the app, create a new project, and import your background video.
- Start with a 16:9 Video: Begin by selecting your original 16:9 video footage as your base content.
- Tap on the “Ratio” button
- Format Video for TikTok: Choose the “9 by 16” option to format the TikTok videos. Now you have included a landscape (16:9) video within your 9:16 TikTok frame size.
- Add Overlays: Use the lower menu bar to add overlays. Click “Overlay” to add video and photo overlays.
- Adjust the overlay to cover the black part above and below your central video. You can also add decorative elements, texts, or stickers to enhance your video’s visual appeal. Place these elements creatively to complement the theme of your content.
- Adjust Duration: Match the duration of the overlay with the background video by dragging the handlebar.
- Export: Save and export your video with the overlay by clicking the export button in the upper-right corner.
You May Also Like: Crop Videos on CapCut PC
Other Formats to Consider
When formatting your TikTok videos, it’s essential to consider factors like video length, frame size, resolution, and file format. TikTok’s preferred format is 9 by 16, but it’s also crucial to keep these aspects in mind for optimal viewing.
Reasons to Format Videos for TikTok
Formatting your videos for TikTok is essential for better engagement and visibility. It ensures that your content fits seamlessly within the TikTok platform and offers a more enjoyable viewing experience for your audience.
When I see the preview on TikTok, why my video is small in the center with a big black background?
You may cropped the CapCut video instead of formatting it. If you can’t find the Format button look for the Ratio button instead. Make sure you change the ratio aspect of CapCut video to 9:16 for TikTok.
Can I use CapCut on both Android and iOS devices?
Yes, CapCut is available for both Android and iOS platforms.
Are there any costs associated with using CapCut?
CapCut offers a free version with basic features, but there may be premium features available for purchase.
What should I consider when choosing a resolution for my TikTok video?
TikTok’s recommended resolution for videos is 1080 x 1920 pixels for optimal quality.
Can I edit my video further after exporting it from CapCut?
Once a video is exported from CapCut, it’s recommended to make any additional edits within the TikTok app or another video editing software if needed.
Formatting videos for TikTok using the CapCut app is a straightforward process that can greatly enhance the quality and appeal of your content. By following these steps and considering key factors such as video length and resolution, you’ll be well-equipped to create engaging TikTok videos that stand out on the platform. Happy TikTok-ing!
- How to Change Aspect Ratio in CapCut Mobile and PC
- How to Unlink Your CapCut from TikTok Account
- How to Sign into CapCut with TikTok on PC
- How to Do TikTok Old Age Filter on CapCut
- 3 Easy Ways to Zoom In on CapCut (Step-by-Step)
- How to Add Beats on CapCut in Simple Steps
- How to Add Eye-Catching Text on Capcut (Phone & PC)
- How to Add Custom Font to Capcut on Phone and PC
- How to Blur Using CapCut on Mobile and PC (2 Easy Ways)
- How to Record TikTok Format Videos Using OBS