This guide will help you find the right steps to take in order to quickly and safely remove your TikTok profile from the platform. Get rid of any unwanted content and regain control over your digital presence.
Keep reading and discover how to delete your TikTok account with ease!
What Happen If You Delete Your TikTok Account?
If you delete your TikTok account, you will lost the following things:
- all of your published content
- video drafts
- DM dialogs
- profile photos and videos, links
- contacts info
It doesn’t mean that you have completely delete your TikTok account after you hit the botton of “delete account“. It will be deactivated for 30 days and your account won’t be visible to the public. Only after 30 days, it will be deleted permanently.
During the deactivation, you can’t:
- Find your profile.
- Watch your videos.
- Read the comments you left.
- Go to your page from the chat in DM, and see your username and profile picture there. But all the messages in the dialog remain.
If you reactivate your account, you see it the same as it was before the deactivation.
How to Delete a TikTok Account on Andoid and iOS [Easier way]
TikTok makes it relatively easy to delete your account through the iOS or Android app. You can delete your account in the settings.
- Tap the three lines.
2. Go to Manage account.
3. Select Delete account.
4. Tap Skip.
5. Tap the circle.
6. Choose Continue.
7. Choose Continue.
8. Tap the button for verification.
9. Tap Delete account.
10. Tap Delete.
How to Delete a TikTok account on PC and Mac
Using a web browser on your computer is another effective way to delete your TikTok account.
- Open TikTok on your favorite web browser and log into your account.
- Click on your profile picture on the top right and select Settings.
- Under Account Control, click Delete on the right. TikTok will then take you through the steps to delete your account.
Back up TikTok data before deleting
If you want to save your profile information and content, you can download them.
- Tap the three lines.
- Go to Privacy.
- Choose Download your data.
- Tap Request data.
The file appears in the Download data tab. It is available for 4 days from the moment it appears in the tab.
- You can’t download this file when your account is deactivated.
- The downloaded file contains your contact information, the lists of viewed and liked content, comments, settings, and the links to your published videos.
- There won’t be your drafts in this file. If you need them, then you should post them before you request the file. If you don’t want users to see the published drafts, you should limit the visibility when posting. You can do it in the “Who can watch this video” settings, you should set “Only me” there.
3 Main Reasons Why People Want to Delete TikTok Account
With a user base of over a billion people and growing, there’s no doubt that TikTok, the booming short-form video app, is one of the world’s most popular social media platforms today. Whether you’re looking for entertaining content or the latest news, TikTok got you covered.
Although a fun and proactive app, TikTok has been a burden for some users who may want to delete their accounts for the reasons below:
1. Too time-consuming.
Many users spend too much time watching videos on TikTok. Sometimes, it can become addictive and is challenging to put a limit to. Staring at the screen and watching videos for several hours can be hazardous, primarily to young kids.
2. Concerns about network security.
Whatever you post on TikTok remains on the internet and accessible to everyone, which is a cause of concern because people can download and use your videos for illegal purposes.
3. Concerns about data breaches and privacy violations.
According to a Washington Post report, there is scant evidence that TikTok is sharing your data. The US citizen on active duty must delete the application from any government-issued digital devices.
Deleting your TikTok Account Isn’t Necessary If You Try These Solutions:
Before you leave TikTok forever, whatever the reason that made you want to delete your TikTok account, we recommend that you don’t rush.
In some cases, you don’t have to delete your TikTok account. Let’s see how to solve the following possible problems without deleting TikTok.
#1 Solution for spending too much time on TikTok
To help you spend less time in the app, you can set the limit for watching videos. The limit may be 40, 60, 90, or 120 minutes. You should also set a code. When the set time is over, the app asks you to enter the code to continue watching.
#2 Solution for facing harassment
You can block or report a user who gives you a bad time. The difference between the block and report:
- Block: The user can’t find you in the search. You both are removed from each other’s followers.
- Report: The user will be banned if they violate the Community Guidelines.
Whatever is your option, you need to go to the user’s page. Then follow the instructions:
- Tap the three dots.
- Select Report or Block.
#3 Solution for having privacy concerns
In privacy settings, you can limit users who can:
- See you in suggestions, mention and tag you.
- Download, repost, comment, content, use it for Duets and Stitches.
- See your following.
- See the list of the videos you liked.
You can also make your profile Private. Then, you can accept and deny the following requests. People who don’t follow you can’t check your profile page and content on it, use the Duet and Stitch features for your videos. Note, you can do this only in Personal accounts.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1: Why can’t I delete my TikTok account?
Answer: Sometimes, TikTok will not allow you to delete your account. The most common reason why many people fail to delete their TikTok account is a lack of contact information. Make sure you’ve entered and verified your phone number or email address before attempting to close your account.
In some cases, if you’re using the TikTok app, it could be that it has suffered a glitch. Just force quit the app and try again.
Q2: Can I delete my TikTok account without a phone number or email?
Answer: You have to log in to delete your account on TikTok. If you signed up with your email or phone, you have to enter them or your username. You also need to enter your password. If you don’t remember the password, you can recover it.
Q3: How can I delete my banned TikTok Account?
Answer: Unfortunately, there is no direct way to delete a banned account on TikTok. Because if your account is banned, you won’t be able to access your account anymore, so there is no hack to delete it.
Q4: How long does it take for an account to be deleted on TikTok?
Answer: Your TikTok Account is invisible for 30 days after deletion. You can get in touch with support and ask for your account access. Your Account is permanently erased after 30 days.
You can easily delete your Tiktok account by following our guide above, please note our tips for you before deleting it permanently.
- How to Edit Duration of Photos on TikTok (Step-by-Step)
- How to Get Rid of My AI on Snapchat (Remove & Unpin)
- AniWatcher is Down? 7 Free Alternatives to Watch Anime
- 6 Best AI Thumbnail Makers for YouTube (Free & Paid)
- 6 Best AI Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- 7 Best AI YouTube Videos Summarizers in 2023
- Best 7 AI Meme Generators to Turn Text into Funny Memes
- How to Appear Offline on Instagram: Stay Stealthy and Discreet!
- 9 Best AI Music Generators to Make Music from Text
- 9 Best AI Voice Generators with Text to Speech (Human-Like Voice)